[unixODBC-support] Repost - Install questions

HAS howard.stein at fmr.com
Wed Jun 13 22:00:22 BST 2007

> The error you are getting either means the driver lib is failing when
> the driver manager calls SQLAllocEnv or SQLAllocHandle for a environmant
> handle.

I added some additional code to the SQLConnect.c and determined the
offending call is this one, it returns -1 and cause the IM004 to be thrown.
Please forgive me in advance for my cluelessness, and now my questions.

is the SQLALLOCHANDLE referenced below expected to be in the odbc driver for
the client I'm trying to connect to?

if it is, I ran dltest as follows:

bash-3.00$ dltest /ieqqammk1/oracle/product/10.2.0/lib32/libsqora.so.10.1
SQLALLOCHANDLE
SUCCESS: Loaded /ieqqammk1/oracle/product/10.2.0/lib32/libsqora.so.10.1
ERROR: ld.so.1: dltest: fatal: SQLALLOCHANDLE: can't find symbol
 Could not find SQLALLOCHANDLE

and

bash-3.00$ dltest /ieqqammk1/oracle/product/10.2.0/lib32/libsqora.so.10.1
SQLAllocHandle
SUCCESS: Loaded /ieqqammk1/oracle/product/10.2.0/lib32/libsqora.so.10.1
SUCCESS: Found SQLAllocHandle

Is there an issue relating to the case of SQLAllocHandle vs SQLALLOCHANDLE?

If this is a dll issue, what would be the path to trying to resolve it?
Oracle client forum?

Open to ideas...  Thanks in advance.

ret = SQLALLOCHANDLE( connection,
                    SQL_HANDLE_ENV,