[unixODBC-support] RE: Repost - Install questions

Wed Jun 13 17:54:39 BST 2007

> Basic vs Basic lite.
In my case installing basic instead of basiclite solved the problem but
first of all I would install the latest instantclient version 10.2.0.3

> Anyone know if there is a way to determine which was installed
The basic package contains
  client/lib/libociei.so
and the basiclite package contains
  client/lib/libociicus.so
instead.

> I found online, IM messages are from the driver manager, so
[IM004][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Driver's SQLAllocHandle on
SQL_HANDLE_HENV failed

The driver manager just reports that a function implemented by the
driver (SQLAllocHandle) that the driver manager was instucted to execute
failed. The problem is in the function implemented by the driver even if
it did not report why it failed to execute it.

There is one more thing I observed:
  DMEnvAttr =
SQL_ATTR_UNIXODBC_ENVATTR={ORACLE_HOME=/ieqqammk1/oracle/product/10.2.0}
triggered the same error message even with the basic instantclient.
Only after commenting the line or using TNS_ADMIN instead would the
error go away.
For instantclient you don't need to set ORACLE_HOME anyway.

Cheers
Stefan