[unixODBC-support] Repost - Install questions

HAS howard.stein at fmr.com
Wed Jun 13 16:34:12 BST 2007

> I just checked, thats a typo in the driver manager code, ignore the -1.
> Its not the problem here.

> The error you are getting either means the driver lib is failing when
> the driver manager calls SQLAllocEnv or SQLAllocHandle for a environmant
> handle.

Thanks for that info (as well as all the help you are providing), I would
have wasted my day trying to figure out what I was doing wrong with loading
the env var :)

Not being a unix person, I have a hunch that because none of the env vars
I'm setting are in a "global" file like .cshrc or .login, etc. that kicks in
for each shell, that my problem requires more than just ORACLE_HOME.  That's
what I'm going to try next, since I know the envirnoment setting via the
odbc.ini is ok.