[unixODBC-support] RE: Repost - Install questions

HAS howard.stein at fmr.com
Wed Jun 13 14:37:55 BST 2007

> It's most likely not a uniXODBC but an Oracle driver issue.
>
> If you are using instantclient-basiclite have a look at this thread
> http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=1433370

Thanks for the info.  I looked at the thread and unless I'm missing
something I see two things, copying from windows (which I didn't) and Basic
vs Basic lite.  Anyone know if there is a way to determine which was
installed?  I didn't do the install, it's unlikely it was the lite but
always good to rule things out.

I don't doubt the problem is some missing env variable or file and that it's
more than likely related to the driver itself, but according to one document
I found online, IM messages are from the driver manager, so maybe there is a
way to get more detail on what it's really complaining about.  I'm going to
try and see if I can match the trace log to the program code, but if anyone
has thoughts or answer don't let that stop you from sharing!  Thanks.