[unixODBC-support] Repost - Install questions

HAS howard.stein at fmr.com
Tue Jun 12 19:14:56 BST 2007

> Ok, all you need is unixODBC and a Oracle driver then. Should be fine as
> non root. assuming you can setup any Oracle client info needed if its
> not using instantclient.

I got stuck with this error: [IM004][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Driver's
SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_HENV failed

I looked in the forum and saw some info relating to DB2 and did some net
searches and found others with the same problem but no solution.  tnsping
works and I can use sqlplus and other utilities to connect to oracle.  Any
thoughts on what this error message is actually telling me and perhaps how
to resolve it?

Thanks.