[unixODBC-support] Repost - Install questions

HAS howard.stein at fmr.com
Tue Jun 12 17:26:24 BST 2007

> All that is ok and correct. There is no startup as its not a daemon
> process. I guess the question is what are you intending to do with
> unixODBC, knowing that would allow a better answer for you.

Being used to communicate between kdb+ (q) and Oracle.  It was done before
at this location but person charged with creating a how to document didn't
and left.  Turn around time with DBA's with root access is minimum one day
per question so I'd like to work it out in a non root environment and once
I'm comfortable it's working and I have good instructions I want to forward
it to those with root access.