[unixODBC-support] newbie:installation problem

grace lim grace at suysing.com
Wed Jul 4 11:42:03 BST 2007

here the output ./configure
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gawk... (cached) gawk
checking for bison... bison -y
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for flex... flex
checking for yywrap in -lfl... yes
checking lex output file root... lex.yy
checking whether yytext is a pointer... yes
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking sys/sem.h usability... yes
checking sys/sem.h presence... yes
checking for sys/sem.h... yes
checking Have we enabled using RTLD_GROUP ... yes
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
checking for ld used by gcc... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking how to recognise dependent libraries... pass_all
checking dlfcn.h usability... yes
checking dlfcn.h presence... yes
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
checking for g77... g77
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... yes
checking whether g77 accepts -g... yes
checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 32768
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output from gcc object... ok
checking for objdir... .libs
checking for ar... ar
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for strip... strip
checking if gcc static flag  works... yes
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking whether the gcc linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries...
yes
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking for shl_load... no
checking for shl_load in -ldld... no
checking for dlopen... no
checking for dlopen in -ldl... yes
checking whether a program can dlopen itself... yes
checking whether a statically linked program can dlopen itself... yes
checking whether to build static libraries... no
configure: creating libtool
appending configuration tag "CXX" to libtool
checking for ld used by g++... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries...
yes
checking for g++ option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if g++ PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if g++ supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries...
yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking for shl_load... (cached) no
checking for shl_load in -ldld... (cached) no
checking for dlopen... (cached) no
checking for dlopen in -ldl... (cached) yes
checking whether a program can dlopen itself... (cached) yes
checking whether a statically linked program can dlopen itself... (cached)
yes
appending configuration tag "F77" to libtool
checking whether to build static libraries... no
checking for g77 option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if g77 PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if g77 supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking whether the g77 linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries...
yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking if we are using the included libltdl ... yes
checking for shared lib extension... .so
checking for iconv... yes
checking for iconv declaration...
         extern size_t iconv (iconv_t cd, char * *inbuf, size_t
*inbytesleft, char * *outbuf, size_t *outbytesleft);
checking for encoding to use for CHAR representations ... auto-search
checking for encoding to use for UNICODE representations ... auto-search
checking for crypt in -lcrypt... yes
checking for pow in -lm... yes
checking for readline in -lreadline ... no
checking for readline in -lreadline -lcurses ... yes
checking readline/history.h usability... yes
checking readline/history.h presence... yes
checking for readline/history.h... yes
checking Are we using ini caching ... yes
checking Are we using flex ... yes
checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes
checking sys/time.h usability... yes
checking sys/time.h presence... yes
checking for sys/time.h... yes
checking for long... yes
checking size of long... 4
checking if platform is 64 bit... No
checking for long long... yes
checking for strcasecmp... yes
checking for strncasecmp... yes
checking for vsnprintf... yes
checking for strtol... yes
checking for atoll... yes
checking for strtoll... yes
checking for endpwent... yes
checking for mutex_lock in -lthread ... no
checking for pthread_mutex_lock in -lpthread... yes
checking if compiler accepts -pthread... yes
checking for localtime_r in -lc... yes
checking for ftok... yes
checking for semget... yes
checking for shmget... yes
checking for semop... yes
checking for snprintf... yes
checking for semundo union... yes
checking for socket in -lsocket... no
checking for gethostbyname in -lnsl... yes
checking for X... no
configure: checking for Qt
checking for Qt headers... no
configure: error: cannot find correct Qt headers!