[unixODBC-support] Re: unixODBC-support Digest, Vol 35, Issue 1

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Mon Jul 2 13:35:27 BST 2007

Даниил Меграбян wrote:

>> > Excuse me for my long reply. I leave my office for some time.
>> >
>> Ok, I took a look. I believe what that error means is the pdo_odbc
>> module does not support setting attributes. Its the layer above ODBC
>
> I try to use trial version of easysoft MSSQL ODBC driver and pdo_odbc.
> I use pdo_odbc persisstent flag with my connection string - everything
> is all right.
> That`s problem of sybase driver, i`think.

I tried it here, with our SQL Server driver, as you say the pooling
works fine. However the first time a client connects it gives the
following warning,

*Warning*: PDO::__construct() [function.PDO---construct
<http://192.168.0.121/function.PDO---construct>]: SQLSTATE[IM001]:
Driver does not support this function: driver does not support setting
attributes in */usr/local/apache2/htdocs/execute1.phtml* on line *24

*Because the pdo_odbc driver doesn't support the set_attr method.
However it doesn't stop the persistent connection from working. *
*
You can see when the pooled connection is used, the above warning is not
repeated. I guess the PDO code only does this at the time of the initial
connection.

The same may or may not be happening with the ASA driver, I can't see
any sign that the client is checking for the driver being connected, I
would have expected a SQL_ATTR_CONNECT_DEAD request.