[unixODBC-support] unixODBC and Unicode

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Wed Jan 31 10:05:29 GMT 2007

Fredrik Ålund wrote:

>But that only works if you transfer to Windows from Linux. A Windows
>application is most likely to use SQLWCHAR as a wchar_t and using all
>the standard string functions and that cannot be done on Linux.
>
>How am I supposed to use SQLWCHAR on Linux?

Just write equivilants to the string functions for your program. Do it
once, put it in a library, use the same function names as windows, and
your problem has gone away forever.

What you ask, would create a world of pain for me and others, would stop
the unicode drivers out there from working, and would break most apps I
know about.

Given the above two choices, what one do you think I should pick?