[unixODBC-support] Segmentation fault with ODBC-ODBC Bridge and Python

Nico Grubert nicogrubert at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 15:33:30 GMT 2007

Dear list members,

from a linux machine I am accessing a remote windows 2003 server machine
to query a Filemaker Pro database. I have "Easysoft ODBC-ODBC Bridge
Server" installed in my windows machine.

On my linux machine I use the unixODBC driver to query the Filemaker
Database. To query the Filemaker database I use the Applikation Server
"Zope" and the Zope addon-product "mxODBCZopeDA" which are both based on
the programming language "Python".

After I started Zope and make a few SQL queries, the Zope server shuts
down with a "Segmentation fault".
At the same time there is a log entry on my linux machine in
/var/log/messages that reads:
Jan 23 10:43:09 smut kernel: python[6231]: segfault at 00000000ffffffff
rip 000000000043c0d7 rsp 00000000417f6ad0 error 4

One of the developers of the "mxODBCZopeDA" product told me the error is
definitely coming from the ODBC-ODBC bridge so I send my problem to this
mailing list.

However, I can query the Filemaker database and get nice results but
after a while my Zope server shuts down with the error message above. I
don't do any SQL INSERT or SQL UPDATE. I just do some SQL
"SELECT...FROM...WHERE..." queries.

Any idea why I get this segmentation fault?

My setup:
  + 64-Bit Suse Linux 10.1 Professional
  + unixODBC & unixODBC-devel 2.2.11
  + Easysoft ODBC-ODBC Client 2.0.6 for Linux
  + Easysoft ODBC-ODBC Server 2.0.6 for Windows
  + ODBC Source: Filemaker Pro 8 Advanced Server on a Windows2003 Server
  + Python 2.4.3.
  + Zope 2.9.6.
  + mxODBCZopeDA 1.0.10

Kind regards,