[unixODBC-support] field name length

Martin Evans martin.evans at easysoft.com
Thu Jan 11 15:05:28 GMT 2007

Eckhard Doll wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just managed to bring up a connection to an Oracle database, running
> on a Windows server, from my Linux workstation with unixODBC. Wasn't
> that easy to tweak everything right to work and now after all it seems
> function odbc_result fails with 'field not found' if fieldnames are more
> than 15 characters. I don't have this problem with Windows clients and I
> don't like the idea to change all the fieldnames in the db. Is this
> probably configurable anywhere? Does anyone else run in similar trouble?
> Any hints are welcome...

I take it you are using PHP?

I believe this was an issue in PHP some time ago but certainly not an
issue in unixODBC. I'd look through PHP archives and changes for this
one. Alternatively, it is something in your driver but you don't say
which oracle odbc driver are you using.

Martin
--
Martin J. Evans