[unixODBC-support] field name length

Eckhard Doll doll at esem.com
Thu Jan 11 14:55:45 GMT 2007

Hi,

I just managed to bring up a connection to an Oracle database, running
on a Windows server, from my Linux workstation with unixODBC. Wasn't
that easy to tweak everything right to work and now after all it seems
function odbc_result fails with 'field not found' if fieldnames are more
than 15 characters. I don't have this problem with Windows clients and I
don't like the idea to change all the fieldnames in the db. Is this
probably configurable anywhere? Does anyone else run in similar trouble?
Any hints are welcome...

Thanks,
Eckhard