[unixODBC-support] unixodbc-support at easysoft.com

Fabio Batista fabiobat at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 13:04:48 GMT 2007

Thanks for aswering

Following below the descption of odbc files:

$ cat odbcinst.ini
[MSSQL]
Description      = Microsoft SQL Server
Driver              = /usr/local/lib/libtdsodbc.so
#Setup            = /usr/local/lib/libtds.so

[ODBC]
Trace              = Yes
Trace File        = /usr/local/bin/sql.log

[FreeTDS]
Description      = v0.63 with protocol v8.0
Driver              = /usr/local/lib/libtdsodbc.so
FileUsage        = 3

[SQL]
Driver              = FreeTDS
Description      = Microsoft SQL Server
Trace              = Yes
Trace File        = /tmp/teste.log
Server             = 124.12.243.137
UserName        = sa
Password        = Admin366
Port                = 1433
Database        = PMC
FileUsage        = 7

# cat odbc.ini
[ODBC Data Sources]
sql=MS SQL Server

[sql]
Driver           = /usr/local/lib/libodbc.so
Description   = Teste
Trace            = Yes
TraceFile       = /tmp/sql.log
Server            = 124.12.243.137
Port              = 1433
Database       = PMC
TDS_Version   = 8.0

[Default]
Driver  = /usr/local/lib/libtdsodbc.so

In Oracle database there is one file taht i need to set up for finding the
odbc driver:

# This is a sample agent init file that contains the HS parameters that are
# needed for an ODBC Agent.

#
# HS init parameters
#
HS_FDS_CONNECT_INFO=sql
HS_FDS_TRACE_LEVEL=OFF
HS_FDS_SHAREABLE_NAME=/usr/local/lib/libodbc.so

#
# ODBC specific environment variables
#
set ODBCINI=/usr/local/etc/odbc.ini

My main doubt is whether i have to apoint my oracle file to odbc.ini or
odbcinst.ini ?

Thanks for helping

Fabio