[unixODBC-support] locking issue

Chauhan Bhavik-A20762 bhavik at motorola.com
Fri Dec 21 13:01:31 GMT 2007

Hi Nick,

I have doubt after referring following description for level 2.

* Level 2 - The driver is protected at the connection level. only
* one thread can be in a particular driver at one time

Does it mean unixODBC (Driver Manager and intern the driver beneath it)
will allow one thread per connection to perform driver level operation?
Or as second statement implies only one thread regardless of connection?

We have connection pool of 60 and same number of threads, it's
preferable to have single thread with single connection can enter into
the driver. It means 60 threads having 60 different connections can
enter into the driver simultaneously.

This is to avoid blocking condition happening for whole process due to
ENV level (leve 3) locking.

Regards,
Bhavik