[unixODBC-support] locking issue

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Fri Dec 21 10:19:26 GMT 2007

Chauhan Bhavik-A20762 wrote:

>Hi Nick,
>
>This is what the stack we got it by pstack..while it was blocking
>I think if MySQL server is still 99.9% and not able to handle further
>queries on the TCP connection established it should throw an error
>rather that blocking at reading as the stack show

Ok, but as I asked before, how have you got the driver manager threading
control set,

If you have it to only allow one thread into the driver at one time,
then you will get the other threads waiting for that one to exit.

Looking at the stack, and not knowing wehat the driver is doing, it
looks to be closing, and waiting for a read, maybe it will never come
out of the read, I don;t know, it looks like its a driver issue to me.