[unixODBC-support] fetch not updating bound variables?

Mark Wyszomierski markww at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 03:53:32 GMT 2007

Hi,

Is there any limit to the length of the string parameter used with
SQLExecDirect()? I am getting really strange behavior with it in
release mode as sometimes fetched results are returned ok, other times
my result sets are just empty. I'm using a very long query string.

The behavior looks like this:

1) Bind columns
2) Generate long SQL string
3) Execute statement
4) Fetch results
5) All matching records returned, but fields are all empty - no errors
reported anywhere, errors checked at every step!

I can't figure out what's going on, I'm error checking every
statement, and even the correct number of records are getting fetched,
it just seems that the bound variables are empty...anyone experience
anything like this?

Thanks,
Mark