[unixODBC-support] RE: Connection pool on linux

Chauhan Bhavik-A20762 bhavik at motorola.com
Mon Dec 17 13:42:26 GMT 2007

Hi All,

We have installed unixODBC-2.2.11-1  and we use MySQL as Backend

The Initial pool creation (lets say 60 connections created and then
disconnected) and

subsequent creation (each time query is executed connect and disconnect
) takes same amount of time

While capturing TCP packets between MySQL and Client

We noticed the steps are same for subsequent connection i.e. create TCP
connection and do Authentication.

pool is not helping us to speed up connection setup.

Or probably there is something we are missing out from configuration.

Can any body help us out?

Thanks,

Bhavik