[unixODBC-support] Connection pool on linux

Chauhan Bhavik-A20762 bhavik at motorola.com
Fri Dec 14 06:12:43 GMT 2007

Hi All,

we are using unixODBC and connection pool is enabled with following
configuration in odbcinst.ini

# Driver from the MyODBC package

# Setup from the unixODBC package

[ODBC]

Trace = No

Pooling = Yes

[MySQL]

Description = ODBC for MySQL

Driver = ./tools/odbcLibraries/libmyodbc3-3.51.14.so

Setup = ./tools/odbcLibraries/libmyodbc3-3.51.14.so

FileUsage = 1

CPTimeout = 1200

But while creating connection pool i.e. by Connect for certain number of
times and disconnect for the same, netstat shows all the TCP connection
to MySQL server as TIMED_WAIT rather than ESTABLISHED.  I feel it should
be in ESTABLISHED state to reduce the connection overhead. Correct me if
I am wrong.

has anyone faced similar problem in past?

Appreciate your help in this case.

Thanks,

Bhavik Chauhan