[unixODBC-support] TNS errors connecting Oracle to Postgres

Ben Higginbottom ben.higginbottom at redeye.com
Wed Aug 29 15:55:53 BST 2007

Hi Everyone,

I'm attempting to connect an oracle 10g database to a Postgres 8 via the
ODBC driver (version 2.2.8-2) both of which are running on RHAS 4.

I've followed a PDF document by Maria de la Esperanza Monroy, which is
pretty much identical to the hsODBC document on the easysoft website.

I can connect to the postgres database without an issue via isql,
however when I try to tnsping the database I receive a TNS-12537:
TNS:connection closed message.

Does anyone know how to work around this?

Many Thanks,

Ben