[unixODBC-support] Encrypted Password

Peter Lane peter at muffinspawn.com
Mon Aug 20 19:02:40 BST 2007

Is it possible to encrypt passwords with unixODBC to a PostgreSQL
server? I've been goggling and sifting through the Postgre1.7 source
code (this code is being used for some reason even though my server
is 8.0.6) and can't seem to figure out if it's even possible. I see
there is some md5 code, but unless I'm being stupid, it's never invoked.

Thanks!
Peter

"To learn the sword, study the guitar. To learn the fist, study
commerce. To only study the sword will make you narrow-minded and
will keep you from growing outward." --Miyamoto Musashi