[unixODBC-support] Conencting to remote DB: ERROR: /opt/gupta/libsqlbaseodbc.so: undefined symbol: SQLConnect

Ryan Churches ryan.churches at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 01:19:29 BST 2007

I don't remember running into this problem the last time I set this
up.  I copied settings that used to work from my old odbc.ini and
odbcinst.ini files, so I feel like those probably aren't the problem.

here's what happens when I try to connect:

# isql -v gupta1 username password
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

...  then I remember that I had needed support once before, and during
the troubleshooting Nick asked me to try this:

# dltest /opt/gupta/libsqlbaseodbc.so SQLConnect
SUCCESS: Loaded /opt/gupta/libsqlbaseodbc.so
ERROR: /opt/gupta/libsqlbaseodbc.so: undefined symbol: SQLConnect
 Could not find SQLConnect

The difference here is that last time I did not get that ERROR.

So, I have no idea why this is happening, I was hoping someone could
give me a hint.

Thanks in advance!