[unixODBC-support] PHP and unixODBC installation help. Can'tcreateUser DSN.

Ryan Churches ryan.churches at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 17:51:36 BST 2007

Hi,
Thanks so much for your help.  I think this is progress:

[ODBC][27233][__handles.c][447]
                Exit:[SQL_SUCCESS]
                        Environment = 0x804f3c0
[ODBC][27233][SQLAllocHandle.c][358]
                Entry:
                        Handle Type = 2
                        Input Handle = 0x804f3c0
[ODBC][27233][SQLAllocHandle.c][476]
                Exit:[SQL_SUCCESS]
                        Output Handle = 0x804fb40
[ODBC][27233][SQLConnect.c][3586]
                Entry:
                        Connection = 0x804fb40
                        Server Name = [gupta1][length = 6 (SQL_NTS)]
                        User Name = [NULL]
                        Authentication = [NULL]
                UNICODE Using encoding ASCII 'ISO8859-1' and UNICODE 'UCS-

I truncated the last line.  If I may attempt to think independently for a
second, perhaps it is trying to connect to the remote DB already?  If so I
don’t understand why it didn’t pull in the values for "User Name" and
"Authentication" from the odbc.ini provided to me w/ my driver.  On the
other hand, it did get the "Server Name".

I have the correct credentials for the db, and I'd love to try and
authenticate, but I haven’t seen where to configure it with a URL for a
remote data source a la mysql.