[unixODBC-support] Speed improvements b/w unixODBC 2.2.11 and 2.2.12?

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Mon Oct 30 20:30:49 GMT 2006

Wes Gamble wrote:

> I see that a lot of changes have been built into unixODBC 2.2.12.
>
> Is there any significant speed/throughput increase over 2.2.11?

Hi

Not as such. Unless I have made a mistake, which isn't unknown, there is
little in the driver manager that will consume time. Its normally down
to the driver and database.

The only thing that will take some time is reading ini files, if you
have large files, and the DM isn't built with ini caching. But in most
cases thats not a big thing.