[unixODBC-support] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Mon Oct 16 12:40:04 BST 2006

Sven Jacobs wrote:

> Hello Nick,
>
>>> Are you sure? It seems that unixODBC is reading the ini files. Have
>>> a look at the output, it's using the SAP library: ...[SAP
>>> AG][LIBSQLOD SO]...
>>

>> No, thats what makes me say that the driver is reading the library,
>> unixODBC dosn't add [SAP AG] that shows its the driver thats creating
>> the message.
>

> Yes, but when I run "isql TEST -v" unixODBC needs to read odbc.ini and
> then odbcinst.ini to know that it has to use the SAP driver for TEST.
>
> Well, I copied /etc/unixODBC/odbc.ini to ~/.odbc.ini and now it
> works!! But still it would be great if unixODBC uses the System DSN
> (/etc/unixODBC/odbc.ini).

unixODBC will use the system DSN in /etc/unixODBC if it was compiled
with --sysconfdir=/etc/unixODBC, I don't know how your version was compiled.

By default it will use /usr/local/etc/odbc.ini, often sysconfdir is set
to /etc so it will use /etc/odbc.ini

Try

odbcinst -j

to see how it was built, though you have avery old version there, I have
just released 2.2.12.