[unixODBC-support] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

Sven Jacobs sven.jacobs at web.de
Mon Oct 16 09:11:12 BST 2006

Dear mailing list,

I'm trying to connect to a MaxDB database using unixODBC (version 2.2.8)
on SuSE Linux 9.1. I've created the necessary entries in
/etc/unixODBC/odbc.ini and /etc/unixODBC/odbcinst.ini by using ODBCConfig:

--snip----odbc.ini----snip--
[TEST]
Description = SAPDB
Driver = SAPDB
ServerNode = 192.168.100.150
ServerDB = TEST
--snip----------------snip--

--snip--odbcinst.ini--snip--
[SAPDB]
Description =
Driver = /opt/sapdb/interfaces/odbc/lib/libsqlod.so
Setup = /usr/lib/unixODBC/libsapdbS.so.1
FileUsage = 1
CPTimeout =
CPReuse =
--snip----------------snip--

When I run "isql TEST -v" I get the error message:

[IM002][unixODBC][SAP AG][LIBSQLOD SO]Data source name not found and no
default driver specified.
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

In DataManager the System DSN is shown but when I try to open it, after
entering username and password, I get the same error message.

Thanks for any help!

--
Sincerely
Sven Jacobs