[unixODBC-support] OOB driver and setup libraries

Justin Findlay justin at jfindlay.us
Mon Oct 2 18:31:46 BST 2006

I need some help setting up my /etc/odbcinst.ini file on ubuntu.  All
examples on the web I've seen seem to refer to libesoobclient.so for the
OOB driver and libesoobsetup.so for the OOB setup, however I cannot find
anything like these files on my system.  All I can find for OOB is
/usr/lib/odbc/libesoobS.so.  Has there been a change in the naming or
building scheme of these libraries recently, or is this a Debian
specific wierdness?  I currently have my /etc/odbcinst.ini file setup
like this:

[OOB]
Description = Easysoft ODBC-ODBC Bridge
Driver = /usr/lib/odbc/libesoobS.so
Setup = /usr/lib/odbc/libesoobS.so
FileUsage = 5

but that doesn't seem to work.  The error I get is

[unixODBC][Driver Manager]Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_HENV failed (SQL-IM004)

Justin