[unixODBC-support] building unixODBC on Solaris 9

mjn mjn at umn.edu
Wed Nov 22 13:27:44 GMT 2006

Terrific! Stefan, that did the trick; thank you so much for all of
the help!

Mike Neuharth, BA, LPIC-1
Email/UNIX System Administrator
Internet Services, University of Minnesota
"What is important, it seems to me, is not so much to defend a culture
whose existence has never kept a man from going hungry, as to extract,
from what is called culture, ideas whose compelling force is identical
with that of hunger."  -Antonin Artaud

On Nov 22, 2006, at 2:57 AM, Stefan Radman wrote:

> That's rather a question for the TDS list as it is FreeTDS driver (and
> MS SQL Server) specific but anyway ...
>
> You should specify the TDS_Version with each DSN independently of the
> compiled-in default e.g.
>
> [CFANS]
> Driver=FreeTDS
> Description=CFANS Email Database
> Trace=No
> Server=srv.sub.umn.edu
> Port=1433
> Database=email
> TDS_Version=8.0
>
> Choosing your TDS version:
> http://www.freetds.org/userguide/choosingtdsprotocol.htm
>
> Stefan

>>> Description=v0.64
>>> Driver=/opt/freetds//lib/libtdsodbc.so