[unixODBC-support] building unixODBC on Solaris 9

mjn mjn at umn.edu
Mon Nov 20 21:24:09 GMT 2006

I've built and installed unixODBC-2.2.12 on Solaris 9 (64bit SPARC).
Libraries are in '/opt/unixODBC/lib'.

When I attempt to use any of the commands in /opt/unixODBC/bin, I see
this:

> ld.so.1: odbcinst: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such file
> or directory
> Killed

Where might I have gone wrong? I configured thusly:
> ./configure --enable-gui=no --prefix=/opt/unixODBC

Any thoughts are welcome and appreciated. Thanks!

Mike Neuharth, BA, LPIC-1
Email/UNIX System Administrator
Internet Services, University of Minnesota
"What is important, it seems to me, is not so much to defend a culture
whose existence has never kept a man from going hungry, as to extract,
from what is called culture, ideas whose compelling force is identical
with that of hunger."  -Antonin Artaud