[unixODBC-support] problems with 64 bit SQLBindParameter()

Hu, Ming (Ivan) huming at lucent.com
Sat Nov 18 07:51:22 GMT 2006

Hi,

I am pretty new to unixODBC, but currently, meet a headache with
SQLBindParameter() calling, pls help me.

I am working on solaris, using unixODBC to set up connection to postgresql,
and on truly 64 bit enviroment.

In sql.h, I am seeing a macro BUILD_REAL_64_BIT_MODE is defined for truly 64
bit application.
For my application, I defined the macro BUILD_REAL_64_BIT_MODE  to make
SQLLEN as long.
But when calling SQLBindParameter() for SQL_CHAR or SQL_BINARY, the data
could not be binded correctly.
The SQLBindParameter() don't return error, but when executing the statement,
seems the data is null.

Because my application is working in 64 bit enviroment, and using unixODBC
to connect another DB, for 64 bit,
It has to define long as SQLLEN. Then how can I make it work with
SQLBindParameter() for postgresql.

Could you pls help me on it, Thanks in advance.

Best Regards
Ivan