[unixODBC-support] Remote Informix ODBC problem

Ben Glazier ben.glazier at quadrant2.eu.com
Thu May 11 11:00:53 BST 2006

Nick,

If i     telnet Rel
I get a connection to the remote machine on the network.

But i get a -11041 error when trying to use the ODBC.

Does anybody know of problems with any of the versions of
unixodbc & driver I am using?
Has anybody actually connected to a remote informix database successfully?

I have seen so many variations on the odbc & inst files, that I am confused,
and this may not actually be the source of the problem?

e.g. should I use driver=iclis09b.so  or libifcli.so  ??

Help is very much appreciated, I really need to get this to work soon.

Thanks,

Ben

This is what I now have:

/etc/hosts
192.xxx.xxx.xxx 		Rel

UnixODBC (2.2.11.8Ubuntu1)
Informix driver (IBM) (2.9.UC3),

I am connecting to a server on the network, rather than local:

 /etc/sqlhosts
 inf_tcp 	onsoctcp        Rel    inf_tcp

 /etc/services
 inf_tcp 	4002/tcp

 /etc/odbcinst.ini

 [Informix]
 Driver=/opt/informix/lib/cli/libifcli.so
 APILevel=1
 ConnectFunctions=YYY
 DriverODBCVer=03.51
 FileUsage=0
 SQLLevel=1
 smProcessPerconnect=Y

 /etc/odbc.ini

 [ODBC]
 Driver=Informix
 Description=IBM Driver
 Server=Rel
 Database=dbasename
 LogonID=logonid
 pwd=password
 CLIENT_LOCALE=en_us.8859-1
 DB_LOCALE=en_us.8859-1
 TRANSLATIONDLL=/opt/informix/lib/esql/igo4a304.so
 Port=38113

 /etc/ld.so.conf

 /opt/informix/lib
 /opt/informix/lib/c++
 /opt/informix/lib/cli
 /opt/informix/lib/client
 /opt/informix/lib/dmi
 /opt/informix/lib/esql

 I also used:  export ODBCINI=/etc/odbc.ini & ldconfig -v

 ODBCconfig gives:  could not construct a property list for (informix), when
 trying to set the system DNS.