[unixODBC-support] Remote Informix ODBC problem

Ben Glazier ben.glazier at quadrant2.eu.com
Wed May 10 09:05:58 BST 2006

Thanks Anand, I have amended the sqlhosts, but, still not working, now i get a
-11041 error.  Does anybody know of problems with any of the versions of
unixodbc & driver I am using?  Has anybody actually connecting to a remote
informix database successfully?

This is what I now have:

UnixODBC (2.2.11.8Ubuntu1)
Informix driver (IBM) (2.9.UC3),

I am connecting to a server on the network, rather than local:

 /etc/sqlhosts
 inf_tcp 	onsoctcp        192.xxx.xxx.xxx    inf_tcp

 /etc/services
 inf_tcp 	4002/tcp

 /etc/odbcinst.ini

 [Informix]
 Driver=/opt/informix/lib/cli/libifcli.so
 APILevel=1
 ConnectFunctions=YYY
 DriverODBCVer=03.51
 FileUsage=0
 SQLLevel=1
 smProcessPerconnect=Y

 /etc/odbc.ini

 [ODBC]
 Driver=Informix
 Description=IBM Driver
 Server=inf_tcp
 Database=dbasename
 LogonID=logonid
 pwd=password
 CLIENT_LOCALE=en_us.8859-1
 DB_LOCALE=en_us.8859-1
 TRANSLATIONDLL=/opt/informix/lib/esql/igo4a304.so
 Port=38113

 /etc/ld.so.conf

 /opt/informix/lib
 /opt/informix/lib/c++
 /opt/informix/lib/cli
 /opt/informix/lib/client
 /opt/informix/lib/dmi
 /opt/informix/lib/esql

 I also used:  export ODBCINI=/etc/odbc.ini & ldconfig -v

 ODBCconfig gives:  could not construct a property list for (informix), when
 trying to set the system DNS.