[unixODBC-support] Configure problem

Brian Morton bmorton at secureworks.com
Fri May 5 13:59:25 BST 2006

You need libc6-dev

  _____

From: Nagesh Sharvari-A21337 [mailto:sharvari.nagesh at motorola.com]
Sent: Fri 5/5/2006 8:27 AM
To: unixodbc-support at easysoft.com
Subject: [unixODBC-support] Configure problem

Sir,
    I am new to this unixODBC. i have downloaded unixODBC-2.2.11.tar.gz.
i am trying to install this on a solaris 8 machine. but the "./configure"
command is failing. The error message says :

 ./configure

checking for a BSD-compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking for gawk... (cached) nawk
checking for bison... no
checking for byacc... no
checking for gcc... gcc
cat: cannot open confdefs.h
checking for C compiler default output file name... Can't open conftest.c
See `config.log' for more details.

can you please help.

The exit code is 77

we have a proper GCC copiler. we use it for all our software compilation.
could this software be picking a wrong gcc compiler by any chance?

regards
sharvari