[unixODBC-support] Configure problem

Nagesh Sharvari-A21337 sharvari.nagesh at motorola.com
Fri May 5 13:27:55 BST 2006

Sir,
    I am new to this unixODBC. i have downloaded unixODBC-2.2.11.tar.gz.
i am trying to install this on a solaris 8 machine. but the
"./configure" command is failing. The error message says :

 ./configure

checking for a BSD-compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking for gawk... (cached) nawk
checking for bison... no
checking for byacc... no
checking for gcc... gcc
cat: cannot open confdefs.h
checking for C compiler default output file name... Can't open
conftest.c
See `config.log' for more details.

can you please help.

The exit code is 77

we have a proper GCC copiler. we use it for all our software
compilation.
could this software be picking a wrong gcc compiler by any chance?

regards
sharvari