[unixODBC-support] DSN not working

Daniel Corbe daniel.junkmail at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 20:19:18 BST 2006

Hello,

I don't understand why the following DSN does not work.  When I try
using it (with isql) I get:

pbx1 ~ # isql asterisk -v
[IM002][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no
default driver specified
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

pbx1 ~ # odbcinst -j
unixODBC 2.2.11
DRIVERS............: /etc/unixODBC/odbcinst.ini
SYSTEM DATA SOURCES: /etc/unixODBC/odbc.ini
USER DATA SOURCES..: /root/.odbc.ini

pbx1 ~ # cat /etc/unixODBC/odbcinst.ini
[PosstgreSQL]
Description             = PostgreSQL ODBC driver
Driver          = /usr/lib/libodbcpsql.so
Setup           = /usr/lib/libodbcpsqlS.so
Debug           = 0
CommLog         = 1
FileUsage               = 1
UsageCount              = 1

pbx1 ~ # cat /etc/unixODBC/odbc.ini
[ODBC Data Sources]
asterisk                = PostgreSQL ODBC Driver

[asterisk]
Description             = PostgreSQL asterisk
Driver          = PostgreSQL
Trace           = Yes
TraceFile               = /tmp/pgsqlodbc.log
Database                = asterisk
Servername              = 64.49.129.4
UserName                = asterisk
Password                = xxxxx
Port            = 5432
Protocol                = 6.4
ReadOnly                = No
RowVersioning           = No
ShowSystemTables                = No
ShowOidColumn           = No
FakeOidIndex            = No
ConnSettings            =

And I know the database is actually set up correctly:

pbx1 ~ # psql -h 64.49.129.4 -p 5432 -U asterisk
Password:

       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help with psql commands
       \q to quit