[unixODBC-support] Retrieval of Bound Parameter Descriptor Records Problems

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Fri Jun 30 09:27:10 BST 2006

Roberts, George L wrote:

>Using unixODBC 2.2.11 on CentOS Linux with Oracle 10.2.1
>

>After SQLBindParameter and SQLPrepare, I run SQLDescribeParam and it
>seems to always return the DataTypePtr value of 12 (for SQL_VARCHAR) and
>the other return values are bogus defaults of 999, 0, and 1,
>respectively.
>

>Additionally, after SQLGetStmtAttr for APD, the SQLGetDescRec and
>SQLGetDescField calls always return -2 (SQL_INVALID_HANDLE).
>

>Is these known problems or am I doing something wrong?

I would guess both of those are down to the driver. I know OCI doesn't
provide a method of describing parameters, so I expect the driver is
just giving a safe default. As for the descriptors, I just tried with
Easysoft driver, and the call gets through to the driver. You could
check with the 2.2.12pre build on the ftp site, in case something has
been fixed, but I suspect its also down to the driver.