[unixODBC-support] Isql problem

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Wed Jun 21 13:49:46 BST 2006

Nagesh Sharvari-A21337 wrote:

>Hello,
>	I have installed unixodbc on one of our servers. I am using
>oracle odbc driver from easy soft and mysql drivers. I am not able to
>connect to both mysql and oracle on this server.
>
>If I try connecting to mysql using isql, I get following error
>
>bash-2.03# isql myodbc3-32 root change_123 -v
>[01000][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib '/usr/lib/libmyodbc3.so'
>: ld.so.1: isql: fatal: libGL.so.1: open failed: No such
>file or directory
>[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

I am not sure, but I would guess you need to either make sure you have
the libGL.so.1 lib, and if you do that its on your library search path.

>And with oracle driver, I get following error
>bash-2.03# isql ORACLE otapa otapa123 -v
>[01000][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib
>'/usr/local/easysoft/oracle/libesoracle.so' : ld.so.1: isql: fatal:
>libesextra_r.so: open failed: No such file or directory
>[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

Likewise, that lib should be in /usr/local/easysoft/lib, Add that to
your library path. You can get support for the oracle driver from
support at easysoft.com while you are trialing.