[unixODBC-support] Isql problem

Nagesh Sharvari-A21337 sharvari.nagesh at motorola.com
Wed Jun 21 12:41:02 BST 2006

Hello,
	I have installed unixodbc on one of our servers. I am using
oracle odbc driver from easy soft and mysql drivers. I am not able to
connect to both mysql and oracle on this server.

If I try connecting to mysql using isql, I get following error

bash-2.03# isql myodbc3-32 root change_123 -v
[01000][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib '/usr/lib/libmyodbc3.so'
: ld.so.1: isql: fatal: libGL.so.1: open failed: No such
file or directory
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

And with oracle driver, I get following error
bash-2.03# isql ORACLE otapa otapa123 -v
[01000][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib
'/usr/local/easysoft/oracle/libesoracle.so' : ld.so.1: isql: fatal:
libesextra_r.so: open failed: No such file or directory
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

Do I need to install any RPM/library for these drivers to work? Please
help

Thanks and regards
Sharvari