[unixODBC-support] postgresql driver install problems

ricardd at mathstat.dal.ca ricardd at mathstat.dal.ca
Tue Jun 13 22:43:50 BST 2006

Hello,
I'm running postgresql 8.1.4 on Ubuntu 6.06 and installed the current
unixodbc package (2.2.11).

I can't figure out how to add a postgresql odbc driver in ODBCConfig.

I originally downloaded and built the postgresql odbc driver from
pgfoundry but the installed libraries do not have a "setup file"
(libnameS.so). After I try to add the driver in ODBCConfig and set up a
DNS, I get an error that it "Could not construct a property list for
(drivername)".

A previous posting on the psqlodbc mailing list suggests that I should use
the unixodbc postgresql driver instead. However, I can't seem to locate
the postgresql driver that I can feed to ODBCConfig.

Any hints?
Cheers,

Daniel Ricard