[unixODBC-support] Oracle9i & unixODBC & FreeTDS

Lars Van-Casteren lars.van-casteren at aircominternational.com
Fri Jun 2 00:05:11 BST 2006

Hello list,

I'm having a problem with a oracle HS, unixodbc & freetds...I'm posting
this here first because the trace shows unixodbc is unhappy.

Oracle HS is writing this in the HS log file:

[Generic Connectivity Using ODBC] version: 3.3.00.00.0040

connect string is: defTdpName=ascom;SYNTAX=(ORACLE8_HOA,
BASED_ON=ORACLE8,

IDENTIFIER_QUOTE_CHAR="",

CASE_SENSITIVE=CASE_SENSITIVE_QUOTE);BINDING=<navobj>

<binding>

<datasources>

<datasource name='ascom' type='GENERIC_ODBC_FOR_HS' connect='ASCOM'>

<driverProperties/></datasource></datasources><remoteMachines/><environm
ent>

<misc year2000Policy='-1' consumerApi='1'
sessionBehavior='4'/><queryProcessor

parserDepth='2000' noInsertParameterization='true'
noThreadedReadAhead='true'

noCommandReuse='true'/></environment></binding></navobj>

ORACLE GENERIC GATEWAY Log File Started at 01-Jun-06 23:57:47

[unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no default
driver

specified (SQL State: 00000; SQL Code: 0)

(Last message occurred 2 times)

The part from unixODBC seems to be stopping the show here I think...but
I'm not sure.

Strange thing is that I can connect&query with isql on this db and that
seems to work excellent.

The fact that isql working makes me believe unixodbc & freetds are ok
from the commandline.

Some info:

Unixodbc version: 2.1.1

Freetds:

Compile-time settings (established with the "configure" script):

Version: freetds v0.63

MS db-lib source compatibility: no

Sybase binary compatibility: unknown

Thread safety: yes

iconv library: yes

TDS version: 8.0

iODBC: no

unixodbc: yes

Odbcinst.ini has an entry for freetds

Oracle user has a $HOME/.odbc.ini

The system has /etc/odbc.ini

Both of these odbc.ini files are symbolic links to
/usr/local/etc/odbc.ini

(I presume this should function ?)

The oracle user has an env var ODBCSYSINI=/usr/local/etc/odbc.ini and an
ODBCINI=/etc/odbcini

Still, when called through HS unixODBC seems unable to find the dsn
files, most likely due to my stupidity :-)

I've tried setting the envs in listener.ora, it seems to go the unixodbc
according the listener trace, but unixodbc in turn is unhappy...

What am I missing here ?

Thanks for any help :-)

Lars
Disclaimer:

The information contained in this e-mail, including any attachments to it, is confidential and intended
only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. Any examination, distribution, disclosure, printing, or
copying of this information, or reliance upon this information by any person other than the intended
recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If this e-mail has been misdirected and you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail from your system. The views and
opinions contained in this transmission represent those of the author and do not necessarily reflect
those of AIRCOM International. AIRCOM International may monitor incoming and outgoing e-mails. By
replying to this message, you consent to this monitoring. This e-mail has been scanned by McAfee Group
Shield prior to transmission. However, recipients are advised to apply their own antivirus detection
measures to this e-mail and any attachments upon receipt. AIRCOM International does not accept
liability for any damage or losses arising as a result of receiving this e-mail.