[unixODBC-support] problems with conexion

Navarro, Rolando (CIP) r.c.navarro at cgiar.org
Mon Jul 24 19:36:38 BST 2006

Ok,

I try to connect to mdb database:

Databasename: IRIS-GMS.mdb
conexion name: icis_diva

thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: unixodbc-support-bounces at easysoft.com
[mailto:unixodbc-support-bounces at easysoft.com]On Behalf Of Nick Gorham
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2006 12:13 PM
To: Support for the unixODBC project
Subject: Re: [unixODBC-support] problems with conexion

Navarro, Rolando (CIP) wrote:

>Hi I'm a new ODBC-driver user, I dowloaded unixodbc.tar.gz
>
>I installed this:
>
>./configure
>make
>make install
>
>All as root user,
>
>But when I execute unixConfig appear a error:
>
>Failed to execute SQLManagerDataSources()
>
>and when  I execute odbctest I dont have problems.
>
>Please somebody can I HELP ME...

Hi,

it may be failing to find the GUI lib that handles the UI part. But
before we get involved in why that fails, maybe we should see if you
need the GUI part, as the ini files are easy to edit by hand.

What do you intend to use unixODBC with, which database and which app,
that will help in what to suggest.