[unixODBC-support] Retrieval of Bound Parameter Descriptor Records Problems

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Wed Jul 12 17:37:12 BST 2006

Roberts, George L wrote:

>Yes, the higher level API for parameters (SQLDescribeParam and
>SQLGetDescRec) are supposed to use multiple OCI calls to the associated
>descriptors.
>
>Are you saying that the invalid handle return code (-2) is a known
>problem on the SQLGetDescField API?   Is the problem in unixODBC or in
>the underlying RDBMS (since we will probably switch to DB2)?

What I am saying, is I tried it with unixODBC and a driver I know the
insides of, and unixODBC passed to call to the driver, so if in your
case its failing I would suspect that the problem lies in the driver.

Its not a problem known to me. You could check and try the 2.2.12pre
source for unixODBC from the ftp site.