[unixODBC-support] Retrieval of Bound Parameter Descriptor Records Problems

Roberts, George L groberts at telcordia.com
Wed Jul 12 17:00:29 BST 2006

Yes, the higher level API for parameters (SQLDescribeParam and
SQLGetDescRec) are supposed to use multiple OCI calls to the associated
descriptors.

Are you saying that the invalid handle return code (-2) is a known
problem on the SQLGetDescField API?   Is the problem in unixODBC or in
the underlying RDBMS (since we will probably switch to DB2)?

G. Lee Roberts
FCS-C4ISR-SOSCOE-Data Store
groberts at telcordia.com
732-933-2474 (work)