[unixODBC-support] Next Issue

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Sat Jul 1 23:45:21 BST 2006

Freddy wrote:

> Hi Everyone
>
> Thanks for your assistance previously Nick.
>
> However I now have another issue which I need to resolve.
>
> Redhat Linux, MySQL, unixODBC.
>
> I know that Redhat and MySQL are working fine as I am able to connect
> to databases using websites running PHP.
>
> odbc.ini is as follows:
>
> [ODBC Data Sources]
> myodbc      = MyODBC 2.50 Driver DSN
> myodbc3     = MyODBC 3.51 Driver DSN
> [valid_MySQL_Database_Name]
> Driver       = /usr/local/lib/libmyodbc3.so
> Description  = MyODBC 3.51 Driver DSN
> SERVER       = localhost
> PORT         =
> USER         = root
> Password     =
> Database     = valid_MySQL_Database_Name
> OPTION       = 3
> SOCKET       =
>
> odbcinst.ini does not contain any entries.
>
> When i run iSQL with the following command:
> isql -v valid_MySQL_Database_Name db_username db_password
>
> I get the following error:
> BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKER ld.so: dynamic-link.h: 57: elf_get_dynamic_info:
> Assertion `! "bad dynamic tag"' failed!
>
> Could anyone advise on what the problem could be?
> Any help appreciated.
> Thanks
> Freddy

Hmm, a quick google shows you are not the only one to get that message,
but the others were with other software. All I can suggest, is checking
if all the libs and apps, isql, libodbc.so, mysql driver. Are either all
compiled with or without thread support. Other than that, maybe try
building the libs again, maybe something has corrupted something.