[unixODBC-support] Next Issue

Freddy unixODBC at ontopofthemound.fsnet.co.uk
Sat Jul 1 22:38:03 BST 2006

Hi Everyone

Thanks for your assistance previously Nick.

However I now have another issue which I need to resolve.

Redhat Linux, MySQL, unixODBC.

I know that Redhat and MySQL are working fine as I am able to connect to
databases using websites running PHP.

odbc.ini is as follows:

[ODBC Data Sources]
myodbc      = MyODBC 2.50 Driver DSN
myodbc3     = MyODBC 3.51 Driver DSN
[valid_MySQL_Database_Name]
Driver       = /usr/local/lib/libmyodbc3.so
Description  = MyODBC 3.51 Driver DSN
SERVER       = localhost
PORT         =
USER         = root
Password     =
Database     = valid_MySQL_Database_Name
OPTION       = 3
SOCKET       =

odbcinst.ini does not contain any entries.

When i run iSQL with the following command:
isql -v valid_MySQL_Database_Name db_username db_password

I get the following error:
BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKER ld.so: dynamic-link.h: 57: elf_get_dynamic_info:
Assertion `! "bad dynamic tag"' failed!

Could anyone advise on what the problem could be?
Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Freddy