[unixODBC-support] unixODBC iSeriesAccess and PHP

slick slick at rukewl.com
Thu Jan 19 00:08:28 GMT 2006

I'm trying to connect to my DB2 database on an AS/400 from my linux
system with unixODBC and the iSeriesAccess drivers installed. I can
successfully connect and run queries from the command line in my linux
system with isql, but when I try to connect with php I get the error:

[unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib
'/opt/ibm/iSeriesAccess/lib/libcwbodbc.so' : libodbcinst.so.1: cannot

the library is there, readable, and I added that directory to my
ld.so.conf file.  I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I'm not a
rusty tent-peg either.  Am I missing something obvious?

my linux system is:

Linux 2.6.13-1.1532_FC4
iSeriesAccess-5.2.0-1.10
unixODBC-2.2.11