[unixODBC-support] Multiple data-sources not working

Chris Ralph webmaster at guestwho.com
Tue Dec 12 06:32:17 GMT 2006

Hi,

I installed unixODBC along with mdbtools to connect to ms access databases
via odbc.  The problem is that regardless how many data sources I add in
odbc.ini, it always uses the first database in the list..

odbcinst.ini:
----------------------
[MDBToolsODBC]
Description             = MDB Tools ODBC drivers
Driver          = /usr/local/lib/libmdbodbc.0
----------------------

odbc.ini:
----------------------
[FTP]
Description             = FTP list
Driver          = MDBToolsODBC
Database                = /home/skeleton-man/public_html/water/ftp.mdb
Servername              = localhost
UserName                =
Password                =

[Water]
Description             = Water Module
Driver          = MDBToolsODBC
Trace           = Yes
TraceFile               = /var/log/sql.log
Database                = /home/skeleton-man/public_html/water/water.mdb
Servername              = localhost
UserName                =
Password                =
-----------------

In the above example you can clearly see I'm referencing two different
databases, but regardless what I change, the second datasource (Water)
always connects to ftp.mdb instead of water.mdb.  If I were to swap the
order of the data sources and put Water at the top, then both data sources
would point to water.mdb and ftp.mdb would be ignored.

I am running the latest version of unixODBC and at first thought this
might've been a php bug, but the "isql" tool produces exactly the same
results.

Any ideas ?

Chris