[unixODBC-support] SQLPrepare error

Georges Racinet gracinet at nuxeo.com
Thu Dec 7 12:50:38 GMT 2006

     I'm trying to connect to an iSeries/AS-400 server using unixODBC.
     I  must admit I'm quite new to the ODBC world.
     unixODBC will be used from a python library (egenix' mxODBC), but
     that's another story.

     The driver is correctly registered in /etc/unixODBC/
odbcinst.ini, and
     it appears in the ODBCConfig graphical interface.
     my odbc.ini file is well configured enough that I can browse the
     tables in DataManager, but
     	- I don't see the frame where I'm supposed to issue SQL statements
	  (compared to the screenshot from the online manual)
     	- Using isql, I get an "SQLPrepare, can't prepare" error.

     While the latter error isn't much explicit, I assume, given its
name
     that it doesn't have anything to do with the connection per se.
Am I
     right ? What kind of dependencies should I check ? I did a lot of
     trial-error on this box, including removing/reinstalling the ODBC
     stack (I mean rpm -e / rpm  -i).

     I have a postgresql db running locally, too. Would it be a
meaningful
     test to try and access it through unixODBC ?

     Context: SuSE 9.3 Pro
                     unixODBC-2.2.10-3.i586.rpm

    Thanks for any lead, and have a nice day !

---------
Georges Racinet,   Nuxeo SAS
Open Source Enterprise Content Management (ECM)
Web: http://www.nuxeo.com/ and http://www.nuxeo.org/ - Tel: +33 1 40
33 79 87