[unixODBC-support] Informix ODBC Connect

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Fri Aug 25 09:17:33 BST 2006

daniel.oberdick at barmenia.de wrote:

>Hallo,
>i try to get an odbc connect to an informix dynamic server 100 but when
>i enter:   isql -v DSN [UID [PWD]] and get the following error
>
>[unixODBC][Informix][Informix ODBC Driver]Unable to load translation
>shared library (DLL).
>[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

I would guess its a lib path problem thats stopping the driver loading
the mentioned lib. Try using strace to see what libs its trying to load.

Actually, looking at your ini, from the line

TRANSLATIONDLL=/opt/informix/ids100/lib/esql/igo4a304.so

I would guess thats the lib its trying to load. Have you got that file? What happens if you comment out that line?