[unixODBC-support] strange connection problems

Lenny Leblanc lleblanc at macroelite.ca
Wed Apr 26 20:37:21 BST 2006

Hi List,

I have been using ODBC to connect to a postgresql database on a
different machine in openoffice.org.  I used this primarily to access an
address book to print off envelopes, letters, etc.

It was working great until recently it just stopped working and
continues to give me:

[lleblanc at localhost etc]$ isql -v test username password
[IM002][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no
default driver specified
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

I have tried removing and re-adding the ODBC settings serveral times,
both using ODBCConfig and manually editing the /etc/odbc.ini (and
~/.odbc.ini).  It always complains that the data source name isn't
there, when it actually is.

[lleblanc at localhost etc]$ cat /etc/odbc.ini
[test]
Description             = PostgreSQL
Driver                  = PostgreSQL
Trace                   = No
TraceFile               =
Database                = macroelitecorp
Servername              = localhost
Username                = sql-ledger
Password                =
Port                    = 5432