[unixODBC-support] Can not get ODBC to log. Trace is not working.

Roy Souther roy at silicontao.com
Fri Sep 23 22:08:31 BST 2005

I am trying to get the ODBC client to log but I just can't. I set the
trace values in /etc/odbc.ini as shown here. Can anyone tell me why
there is never a log file created? I connect to the database with isql
and OpenOffice, run queries and get data but never do I ever get a log
file. I am using this with PostgreSQL and IBM DB2, neither of them are
logging to a trace file.

[Prover]
Description     = OpenOffice link to Prover
Driver          = PostgreSQL
Trace           = Yes
TraceFile       = /tmp/odbc.log
Database        = mmplinked
Servername      = 192.168.0.250
Username        = proveruser
Password        =
Port            = 5432
Protocol        = 6.4
ReadOnly        = No
RowVersioning   = No
ShowSystemTables= No
ShowOidColumn   = No
FakeOidIndex    = No
ConnSettings    =

What am I doing wrong? I had this working before on Mandrake. I am using
Debian now. I need to find out why I cannot trace. I have a different
system where the client is not working and I cannot get it to trace
either. It is running an old version of Mandrake. I want to get my
system actually tracing to a log file before I go and try to debug the
other system.

Royce Souther
www.SiliconTao.com
Let Open Source help your business move beyond.

For security this message is digitally authenticated by GnuPG.